Educate your children in a way that is conducive for them!
Our children mean the world to us. There is nothing more, as a parent that we want more than anything else, than to see our children succeed. Their success is heavily achieved based on the education and resources we provide.
Locating a school that will allow parents to remain in control of their children's education may be difficult to find and often times finding guidance and a school that can help ensure you are educating your children in a way that will prepare them for college and beyond may be a struggle too.
New Hope Academy has been able to help many families Home Educate from K-12 with their educational journey. As such:
New Hope Academy will:
1) Provide a website;
2) Provide the NHA Parent-Teacher Manual containing rules, important dates, and anticipated financial obligations;
3) Provide an opportunity for standardized testing;
4) Provide online recordkeeping for Parent-Teachers and maintain student transcripts and records;
5) Provide Honor Society for qualifying high school students;
6) Oversee and assist with dual enrollment registration, online course registration, and scholarship opportunities;
7) Communicate with parents and students all expectations, using the contact information the parent provides;
8) Provide support and academic advice to enrolled families.
Your child is a student of New Hope Academy. Do NOT use the term “home-schooled” when discussing the educational status of your child. This is especially important when registering them for any type of program or official (work, educational) position. When your seniors apply to colleges, be sure to denote the private school status because a reference to “home-schooling” may result in additional scrutiny of their coursework and possibly added entrance requirements.
On the positive side, for those who are members, New Hope Academy is a private school consisting of parent-teachers registered with us, who educate their children at home. As such, you, the parent-teacher, are responsible to research and define your program of studies. The administrative personnel of New Hope Academy are, like you, parent-teachers, and are willing to help you but must not be expected to “carry” you through every option, decision, and facet of educating at home. Be considerate of their time. With this in mind, please understand the following requirements:
1. Research options for educational methods and curriculum.
2. Educate themselves thoroughly regarding the education of their child(ren). This can be accomplished through workshops and conferences.
3. Have a thorough understanding of the NHA Parent-Teacher Manual and the rules that govern NHA parent-teachers and students.
4. Maintain diligence in the supervision of their students at all New Hope Academy functions.
5. Maintain consistent communication with NHA.
6. Submit all required documentation by the due dates, including financial obligations.
7. Adhere to the Dress and Behavior Policies for both parent and student.
8. Oversee the education of their child(ren).
9. Check the NHA website routinely for all current news.
10. If your student needs special care or monitoring during testing and/or other school activity, YOU, the parent-teacher, must provide oversight. NHA does not provide this service.